Sunday, April 6, 2014

FRUITS OF THE SPIRIT: LOVE

 LESSON 1
by: Norita Williams 





      We are going to start off this lesson with prayer and  get right into things!!



   Father I just want to thank You for this day and this time I have with you right now. You have blessed me with another day to be able to get together with you. I pray Lord that You would open my eyes and heart to the things of You and what You have in store for me.  Lord lead and guide me in this Bible study. Show me what YOU want for me to learn and gain wisdom from. Bless my ears and eyes to be able to see and hear You perfectly as You direct me through this lesson..Thank You Lord for showing me YOUR love and being able to show it to others.. In Jesus name amen and amen..



READY???

   Our text will be coming from:



Galatians 5:22:

“ But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindess,goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control.”



   The first one we are going to look at is   “LOVE”





John 13:35

King James Version (KJV)



35 By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another.”

  So, we are called to love one another. The world sees this when they see us. If we don’t show love one to another then there is no hope.



John 13:34-35

New International Version (NIV)

34 “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. 35 By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.”



   This one of the greatest commandments for us to do!!! To love one another, as yourself.

( Galatians 5:14:   14 For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this; Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.”



   I am not saying (through worldly ways and eyes) to go and have an affair with your neighbors wife or “spread” the love.. The way I am talking about is loving each other the way God loves us! You treat your neighbor as you want to be treated regaurdless of what they have done or said to you over the years. We are to show others God’s AGAPE love.



  So this brings us to the next thing:



 WHAT EXACTLY IS AGAPE LOVE???



   Agape love is God’s “unconditional” love for each one of us!!!

  He loves us so much that He sent Jesus to die for each one of us so that we can have that advocate with the Father. So that we would not have to die lost and go to a firey hell.

JOHN 3:16-17:

King James Version (KJV)



16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. 

17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.



   This is so powerful right here!!! This should make you really think about just how the Love of God works. God sent His ONLY son into this world to die for each one of us..   SHEW GLORY!!! That should have made you shout right there!!!  I am at work and I know they heard me in the back !!!



   Could you imagine Jesus upon the cross looking through the bans of time to where you are right now..in this moment.. HE seen you and knew this was what He had to do to SAVE you!!!



Isaiah 53:5

King James Version (KJV)



5 But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.



   This is why  “LOVE” is so important to the Lord!!! And as His creation we are called to do so as well… We are to love one another just like HE loves us!!!  This such a vital part of being called a child of the living God!!!



1 Corinthians 13

New International Version (NIV)



13 If I speak in the tongues[a] of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. 2 If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. 3 If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast,[b] but do not have love, I gain nothing.

4 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5 It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

8 Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away. 9 For we know in part and we prophesy in part,10 but when completeness comes, what is in part disappears. 11 When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put the ways of childhood behind me. 12 For now we see only a reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.

13 And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.



   The greatest of all is LOVE !!! 



This concludes the first lesson….Here are questions to make you think…



1.     How can you show someone the LOVE of God? Explain.

2.     Can you show someone that does NOT like you LOVE? Explain.

3.     The situations that are affecting you right this very second, should they take your focus off of God? If they are how can you change that???





No comments:

Post a Comment